Thursday, June 2, 2011

Everlasting Love

Went to HH with some of my fellow teachers today.  It was a great time, and I fear that we really haven't done it enough and that makes me sad, because now it's nearly the end of the school year and many of us are going different directions for next year, and I feel like I'm only just now beginning to get to know THEM...I mean their hearts, and their inner beings.

The conversation was fun, hysterical, and very enlightening.  I learned some of the dirt/drama going on that I had been completely oblivious to for most of the year (probably better that way...).  But the bigger thing I learned tonight at least about these people and I fear holds true for MANY others, is that they don't believe in an everlasting love.  My heart literally sank at this realization.  I nearly cried driving home from this gathering just thinking about how broken their hearts must be.  I grew up in a home with both mom and dad, they got married straight out of college, and have been married happily for 34 years.  Both sets of grandparents...happily married for 50+ years.  Aunts and Uncles with the exception of two all happily married to their soulmates, with beautiful families.  And above all this I have been raised to know God's everlasting love.  So I have been blessed with a life that has allowed me to fully and whole-heartedly live the Disney Princess world dream.  I have always believed God made a man perfect for me, a prince, that He would prepare to love me and care for me.  To be a living model of God's love for me.  My story has been centered on my search for that, and yes, I have felt the devastation of being mislead.  My heart has known that pain all too well...but one thing it has not known is despair and/or complete disbelief in the possibility of finding everlasting love.  Perhaps, because I already have that and trust THAT love to provide the earthly love I long for.

But now my heart aches for these beautiful people who have bought lies, and have accepted those lies as reality because of the homes they grew up in and the relationships they've experienced, and the absence of everlasting love in their lives.  Oh God, how we need you.  We are a people desperate for everlasting love.  The kind that's better than the movies.  The kind that follows us to the pit of our deepest darkness, to the grave and beyond.

I pray they find love.  I pray they find the purest love, the everlasting love.  I'm not sure I had any good words for them tonight.  All I could do was share my Disney Princess world heart, and the beauty of what I have been blessed with, and love them. I hope they felt love, or saw a glimmer of hope that everlasting love is real.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! I love how you expose your heart in this post! As soon as I read it I started singing "How He Loves Us!"

    I love you ROOMIE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Through all the times God had showed himself to the Israelites, delivering them from destruction time and time again, they still turned from Him! Much as our selves in our sin and worldly desires. Even though the Israelites turned and we run from God and run into sin and put our trust in man and other idols, God never fails and never left us.Jeremiah 31:3 says that "The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: 'I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness...'"

    Yet we fail! As we are broken and show hate to one another and to ourselves, God shows love. This is best summed up in Romans 5:8 "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

    -C

    ReplyDelete