Friday, July 23, 2010

I'm Like Bird...

I can't believe the time is finally here!  I am finally standing on the edge of the nest getting ready to fly solo! 

In a matter of weeks I will be moving into my new basement apartment in a townhouse in Arlington, VA where there are currently two sweet girls living that I will be sharing common areas and a washer/dryer with.  The place is definitely the perfect place for me to get started in.  From the moment I drove through the neighborhood I just had good feelings, and once I stepped inside the house, I felt like I was home, and when I saw the space in the basement...and...the GINORMOUS CLOSET I was home :)

So currently, I'm still working my rear-end off trying to save up enough money to get started comfortably up there, and starting now to pack up and put things into boxes, and get rid of stuff I don't want.  I feel like the whole putting my possessions into boxes would go a little bit smoother if Mom hadn't insisted on purchasing a HUGE queen size bed, and instead of waiting to set it up in my room till after I moved out, insisted on setting it up NOW...which has moved my furniture around and made the room 10x's smaller so now with the boxes in there I literally can't move...and I can't even get to stuff that I need to put in boxes...very frustrating.  But of course I got yelled at today for having boxes up against the new bed...(which had to be moved there so I could get to my dresser...kind of need clothes to go to work in MA...and so I could get to my DVD player...) Why the need to put the new bed in there now...I will never understand!!!!  I mean...REALLY?!?!  And don't mis-interpret, I am not upset at the fact that she's already moving me out of my room...believe me, if I could I'd be gone already.  I'm just upset at the fact that that was a REALLY INCONVENIENT idea...but she insisted...and it's "mom's house" yet again, another reason on the list of many why I can't wait to be flying solo.

Oh and while I'm on all this mom stuff, I should talk about the fact that I've been having some great convos with this lady I work with, who actually has a daughter my age who's in the same stage of life as me right now moving out etc. And this lady and I have been able to really have some real mom/daughter conversations w/o the personal/emotional attachment.  So she's seeing her daughter's side through me...and I see my mom's side through her.  It's kinda cool.  So hopefully I'm helping her daughter out a bit...I'm sure she's hoping she's helping out my mom a bit...I dunno. So ladies out there I will say it's not a bad idea to link up with a "mom-mentor" I guess I would call it, if you can.

Anyway, I guess that's about all I have to say about that.  Sorry, no life-altering words this evening.  I will leave  you and your weekend ahead with this life-lesson I learned this past week.  Having a rock awesome amazing weekend leads to a good week that goes by quickly! JUST SAYIN'

SOOOO have a ROCK AWESOME, AMAZING WEEKEND!

I'm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment