Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Magic Continues and Blessings Abound

"Hot Roomies" -The title I gave this picture 5 years ago...SO TRUE!

Roomie = part two of why my weekend was amazing and why I am so blessed.  Another wonderful addition to my weekend was having the chance to reunite with my roomie from undergrad, Meaghan.  She and I became friends the summer before the start of our college careers thanks to social networking.  We met through a MySpace group for the new entering class at our university.   We got to chatting because we were both going to be music majors in voice, realized we'd be living in the same dorm just a floor away from each other, and bonded straight away.  For sophomore year we decided to room together, and the rest is history.  She is BY FAR the BEST roomie a girl could ever ask for, and the most amazing friend ever, and I adore her.  We are soul sistas.  She is my chicka!  She's my home girl from Jersey.  I pick on her for how she says things like "strawberries" (you have to hear it) and she teases me for saying "ya'll" ...(until she slips and I catch her)!  She has listened to ALL my boy drama...and Lord bless that poor woman's soul for keeping up with it all.  She's been there through roommate drama, family drama, school drama, job drama, life drama...and Army Wives drama (until I fell dropped that ball...haven't watched hardly any of this season).

She currently lives in Jersey, and it is rare that we see each other.  We try to plan girl get away weekends every so often, but we're both so caught up with work and other commitments that it doesn't happen that often.  Needless to say, I was ecstatic that we reunited this weekend over her brother's graduation from CNU, while both of us were in the same area for once.  It was so wonderful to see her and hug her, and see her family, and hug all of them.  It was great.  AND, we FINALLY exchanged our Christmas gifts.  Yes, in May...we have both been holding on to each other's gifts since December...we were both too lazy to take them to the post office, and too cheap to pay the postage, and we were both ready to get them out of our houses.  I was so excited to give her some cute journals I had picked up for her since living with her previously, I know how much she journals, AND I fed her Vera addiction with a new ID Card holder.  Also included in the package was her Valentine card...which I also never mailed...are you all seeing the pattern here?  (My mother can't stand this about me...maybe one day I'll get my act together.)

Meaghan's gifts to me were the kind only a true soul sista could give.  Honestly, I wanted to take mine back and give her something better after what she gave me lol.  All her gifts to me were hand-made by her, they were adorable, thoughtful, and meaningful.  See below:

"May you always count your blessings." 

My 10 blessings counted for the day, and Eph. 5:19-20    

 My 10 Blessings counted for now are:
1. The best boyfriend in the world
2. The best friend/Roomie ever!
3. A family that loves me
4. A job that allows me to do what I love
5. Warm, sunny days (this was not the case today, but it was this past weekend)
6. Quiet time
7. Hugs
8. Laughter
9. Love in my life
10. Beauty in my world

An adorable collection of assorted, hand crafted push-pins!  Teachers can't get enough of these :)



Additionally, some hand crafted and personalized bookmarks.





The girl is a crafting DIVA!  I can't believe how lucky I am to have such talented, and thoughtful people in my life.  She also got me personalized stationary, another thing teachers need lots of!

Roomie, you are ridiculously awesome, and I love you.  You are always counted in my blessings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment