Thursday, July 28, 2011

YUM-O

Last night I invited my dad, cousins and their girlfriends over for a little dinner gathering at my place.  With all this spare time I've had lately on this oh so glorious summer break, I have been cooking and baking all the time, and I wanted someone to cook for!  I was so excited they were going to be coming, and couldn't wait to get into the details of what to make and then of course, actually cooking!

Well, C had Sunday and Monday off, so I went down to stay with him and left to come back home Tuesday, but took a few detours along the way as C's mom wanted to take me shopping! (I can't say no to that...) Soooooo I didn't get home until about 3:00 in the afternoon, to my utter disappointment my internet had still not been fixed when I got home.  OH NO, OH NO...I can't get on Pinterest and find a cool recipe for tonight! Fear Not sweet child!  That's what cook books are for!  I immediately zoned in on a Rachael Ray cook book we had on the shelf and thumbed through till I landed on a great tortellini with home-made pesto recipe, and over the weekend I had also had a delicious caprese salad. DING lightbulb, pasta with caprese salad, GENIUS! ANNNNND then come to find out the Verizon technician was scheduled to come later that day...which meant I would be held hostage at home waiting for him to come...OH NO...I can't even go to the grocery store!!!!  Well after waiting an hour for said technician, I decided to head to the store anyway just praying I wouldn't get the call while I was out...and wouldn't ya know...they called me while I was at the Teets.  "I'm at the grocery store, can you please tell your technician I will be at the house in 20 minutes." (meaning don't leave I will be back soon!)  I come pulling up the street to my house to see a Verizon van leaving, and I stopped in front of him rolled down my window, "Are you going to my house?"  ..."what's your address?"...I give him the address..."yes"...."K great, I'm home now so you can come back." (WHEW talk about the nick of time!)  So...I got my groceries and made it just in time for the Verizon man to come look at our internet.  Internet was fixed in about 20 minutes or so...WOOHOO, and I was already busy preparing for the evening.  Everything was relatively easy to make and tasted delicious.

Dinner is served
Three Cheese Tortellini in home-made pesto, with caprese salad
And for dessert: Pound Cake with strawberries and whipped cream :) Thanks Ben for this!
Left to Right: Ben (cousin), Me, Andrew (cousin), Andrea (Andrew's lady) annnnnd Dad is taking the picture
Dinner turned out to be a smash!  All around good food and good times were had!  Next time you're looking for a good meal!  Come to my little restaurant :)

Bon Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment