Monday, October 3, 2011

Super Slacker

Peek-a-boo followers!  I know I've been hiding for a while.  I haven't posted in over 2 months!  Things just got so busy...so here are a few updates.

1.  I moved!  Not far from my old place, about 2 more exits up the interstate.  I now live in a 2 bd apartment that I love!  It's still convenient to all the same things I enjoyed before with a few more amenities.

2. I started a new school year in a new school, on a new grade level.  I now teach advanced 6th graders mathematics and language arts.  I am LOVING it!  I see about 84 students a day.  It's a lot...I feel like I'm drowning in paperwork most days which is why I really haven't been on here much, between trying to keep up with the kids in terms of planning, and grading all the papers that come in.  But I LOVE these kids!  They are bright, funny, respectful, and silly!  They make me want to work harder for them.  (Really this is what has eaten up the vast majority of my time).

3. My mom got me a sewing machine...I don't actually have it in my possession yet.  I have to make a trip to go get it, but I'm super excited.  Be on the look out for future sewing projects.

So what brings about my sudden return?  My wonderful boyfriend decided he'd start a blog tonight that he shared with me.  Check out A Gentleman's Appearance


He amazes me with his talent and taste.  Yes ladies...my boyfriend has a male fashion blog...yet still wears greasy ripped up camo pants to change the oil in my car, loves the Caps and Skins as well as racing and video games.  He's a musician, lover of God, adventurer, artist, shopper, chef, mechanic, electrician, and the best man a girl could ever ask for.  He's everything I never dreamed I'd have, and in 5 days we will celebrate the journey we've been on for one year and look forward to many more years.  I'm so excited for this weekend because he has something big up his sleeve and he's been keeping it a secret for months now!  All I know is we're going out of town (I think it's in Richmond), we have dinner reservations at 5 for some Italian, and we're dressing up (I bought a new dress and he has a new suit).  I have a big surprise for him to and I can't wait to give him his gift on Saturday!  I'm also thinking we're going to hit up the pumpkin patch where we had our first date this weekend as well, and Sunday we're supposed to go to the state fair!  Looking forward to seeing these guys at the fair.



Well, I'm out of juice for tonight.  Hopefully it won't be another 2 months before you hear from me again.

Nighty!

No comments:

Post a Comment