Monday, April 4, 2011

Thoughts from the Weekend

I have just had an incredibly exhausting, yet incredibly amazing weekend!

I spent my weekend hiking and adventuring, and most importantly, I spent my weekend with my favorite!  I spent my entire weekend doing and experiencing something he loves.  I was pretty nervous about it, because I knew where he was taking me was NOT an easy hike...AND I would also have to lug a big bag full of gear up with me.  Now, I'll admit...I struggled through a lot of it...and felt pretty miserable on some of those inclines, BUT I loved facing the challenge with him.  Being up at the summit together was a whole new experience for me. 

This hike brought about challenges for us...he had to wait around for me a lot...I had to trust him as a guide, and sometimes lean on him to get down or up some of those boulders.  We even had a moment where he literally quoted Aladdin and was like "Do you trust me?"  As I was freaking out over how to get down and not fall into a crevasse of doom.  I did trust him...I just didn't trust myself...I ended up finding a different place to get down but still had to use his help.  We laughed, struggled, I cried at one point (not due to the hike...C bit me...but that's another story I'll tell later), we were a team.  I will never forget, the last thing his mom said to us before we left for our adventure was, "Your job this weekend is to take care of her."  And I couldn't have been in better hands. 

This has been a wonderful weekend of growth for us, the conversations we had, the challenges we faced, the adventure we shared!

At the summit of Old Rag!

No comments:

Post a Comment