Saturday, February 6, 2010

Confessions of a Shopaholic

So it's been yet another crazy snowy weekend.  It's beautiful outside, although I haven't taken any pix of it yet, and it's getting dark now.  Mom and I were actually crazy enough to venture out to a few shops in search of a business suit...dun Dun DUN!!! I have decided that shopping for a business suit is probably the WORST thing to shop for ever.  Yes, I think it is even more painful than shopping for a swim suit.  True story!!!! Anyway, I didn't end up with a suit...note of advice...don't try shopping for suits between seasons, you won't find ANYTHING!  I did end up with a pair of pants and a blouse...but no luck with a blazer.  Maybe I'm too picky, or maybe the stores just have crap lol I dunno...or maybe I just HATE business suits and I none of them will ever make me happy.  I really hate that too...that suits are essentially a requirement for interviewing these days.  I think I can dress professionally without having to go invest in a suit that I'm only going to ever wear for an interview....I would never wear a suit teaching in a classroom...so the whole idea of having to buy a suit just for an interview really grinds my gears...especially when it is such an obnoxious thing to shop for in the first place.

In other news, I did snag three new pairs of shoes this weekend!  Two of which I got today, a pair of Coach purple snake print patent leather flats, and a pair of Nine West silver/black patent pointy-toe heels, and the total dollar amount for both pairs combined......drumroll please.........$52!!!!!  Yes, I stole them! 50% off clearance price, YES PLEASE!!!! Oh and the other pair I bought yesterday, a pair of Gianni Binni black leather booties, about $30 for those on sale!  WOOT!!! (I've already worn them out twice and they're worth every penny!)  So anyway, my shoe purchases today and yesterday have sort of made up for the miserable suit shopping experience...and then I just decided that I have a really fabulous shoe collection and decided to honor my shoes with a photo shoot today. (lol what do YOU do on your snow day???)

 
  
I wish the lighting in my room was better...these pix don't really do my shoes justice...but whatever.
I think I've gotten my shoe fix for a while.  I should be good for a while now.  Ok, well...happy shopping! I'm off!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah business suit shopping is the worse thing in the world, I spent three months, Yes... Three months looking for a "suit" to ware to my Aunt's Bridal Tea at this fancy Tea house in Down town Wilmington, NC. :p Needless to say, I hate suits, and it doesn't matter what season, there is never anything decent :p Love the boots though, kind of jealous ;)

    <3
    FR Roomie

    ReplyDelete