Monday, May 17, 2010

Parting is such Sweet Sorrow



This week marks the end of an era for me.  On Weds. I completed my student teaching and my Master's program.  On Sunday I graduated with my Master's of Arts in Education.  It has been a long hard road that I'm not quite sure I would do quite the same way if I had to do it again, but the path has lead me to great places and thrown wide open doors of opportunity.

Weds. was a bitter sweet day as I said farewell to my very special class of fourth graders whom I have grown to love over the past year.  I baked and brought in cupcakes decorated in school colors. In addition to those I used up a majority of my stationary collection writing hand-written notes to each one of my students thanking them for being such wonderful members of the class and a special part of my first teaching experience, and encouraging them to continue to grow and learn.  I also wrote thank you notes to teachers and the principal who all had a great impact on my success this year.  While I am glad this stressful academic year is over, I was sad to depart from this wonderful group of people who have certainly touched my heart and life.

Sunday marked a monumental occasion for myself, my friends, and my family.  Sunday I graduated from the College of William & Mary with a Master's of Arts in Education which I completed in one year.  No small feat for anyone I dare say, especially from this establishment.  Last year I graduated in May with a Bachelor's of Music, and began this rigorous program in June...and now I have my second degree!  I am the first in my generation of the family ever to receive a Master's Degree, and the first to attend this university.  It was a beautiful day for graduation ceremonies, and I actually received my diploma that day, not just that little note that tells you it will be coming in the mail!  I am so relieved to have this degree under my belt and the student part of my life finished, because it was starting to get old.  I will however, dearly miss the girls I have come to love over the course of this year as we've struggled and shared the joys of teaching together, and I sincerely hope we all get jobs in areas near each other so that we don't actually have to say good bye.  As for me, I have received an offer that I have accepted from my top choice school district and I am thrilled!  Not only to have landed a job, and with my first choice district, but also to know that I will finally be moving out!!!  After living at home for a year....this is a MUCH NEEDED BREAKTHROUGH!
 The Fabulous Five! I will miss you girls!

 I've got looks with brains to match!

I can't believe it's finally here!  All the blood, sweat, and tears have paid off in full and God has been extremely good to me.  Congrats to the class of 2010, to my girls whom I love, WE DID IT!!!  We're teachers!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm SO excited for you Addison!!! Go girl!! You have worked so hard for this and I'm thrilled things are looking up!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Addison!!!!! I am so proud of you!!!! I wish you lots of love and Blessings for your new job and new adventures awaiting right around the corner! <3



    -Nancy

    ReplyDelete