Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Creative Break

I've had enough, and I need to take a break from lesson planning...it's not hard...just time consuming and tedious and I need a break for a bit.

So a minute ago, I was listening to a recording of a song I sang during my senior recital last year, and the lyrics hit me all over again so I wanted to share them here and post a link to where you can watch a video of Natalie Weiss (she's AMAZING!!!) singing the piece on Youtube.

"Quiet"
by- Jonathan Reid Gealt

What's the perfect balance
Between yelling too much or not yelling enough
So that people don't walk over you?
Is it a crime just to want to be nice?
To avoid confrontation
And show everyone a little respect...
Coz time after time
I find that I'm struggling
To tell you what's burning inside.
A glimmer of hope that you'll finally see...
Yet I remain quiet.

Look at my face
Don't you dare turn away
Coz I'm losing my patience
Show me now you're the man that I want to be with
For the rest of my life
I have so much love to give you
Just open up your eyes and you'll see

Time after time
I find that I'm struggling to tell you what's burning inside
A glimmer of hope that you'll finally see...
Still I remain quiet....

I can't remain quiet anymore
No, I was not built
to idly stand here
letting you make my decisions based upon your point of view
You never allowed me my own freedom.
Well hear me now!

Show me now you're the man that I want to be with
For the rest of my life.
I have so much love to give you
Just open up your eyes and you'll see.
Time after time...I find that I'm struggling
To tell you what's burning inside
A glimmer of hope that you'll finally see
Yet I....Yes....I.....I.....
Can't remain quiet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG2WpXv6kR0

More to come I'm sure...possibly some of my own stuff soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment