Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My world in song...

...and just some of my favorite lyrics.

"We'll do it all, everything, on our own.  We don't need, anything, or anyone. If I lay here...If I just lay here...would you lie with me and just forget the world? I don't quite know how to say how I feel.  Those three words are said too much; they're not enough. If I lay here...If I just lay here...would you lie with me and just forget the world? Forget what we're told, before we get too old. Show me your garden that's bursting into life.  Let's waste time chasing cars around our heads.  I need your grace to remind me to find my own. If I lay here...If I just lay here...would you lie with me and just forget the world? All that I am...all that I ever was...is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see.  I dunno where, confused about how as well...just know that these things will never change for us at all...If I lay here...If I just lay here...would you lie with me and just forget the world?" - Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol (OK, so I just love this whole song...can't help it)

"Being grow up isn't half as fun as growing up; these are the best days of our lives.  The only thing that matters is just following your heart, and eventually you'll finally get it right." - In This Diary- The Ataris

"I knew I wouldn't forget ya, and so I went and let you blow my mind."...."I knew when we collided.  You're the one I have decided who's one of my kind."..."The way you can cut a rug. Watchin' you's the only drug I need. So gangsta, I'm so thug; you're the only one I'm dreaming of you see.  I can be myself now finally; in fact, there's nothin' I can't be...I want the world to see you be with me."-Hey Soul Sister-Train

"You make me smile like the sun, fall outta bed, sing like a bird, dizzy in my head, spin like a record, crazy on a Sunday night.  You make me dance like fool, forget how to breathe, shine like gold, buzz like a bee.  Just the thought of you can drive me wild.  Oh, you make me smile." - Smile-Uncle Kracker

"Feel the sunlight comin' through...but I'm not ready to lose this feelin'. Another night of dreams...a place where we can meet, finally.  I can be myself with you...tell you all the things I want to.  Some night have a heart...leave me in the dark a little longer." - Leave me in the Dark - Keri Noble

"You're a carousel.  You're a wishing well, and you light me up when you ring my bell. You're a mystery; you're from outer space; you're every minute of my every day. And I can't believe that I'm your man...and I get to kiss you baby just because I can." - Everything - Michael Buble

"You want the sunrise to go back to bed, and I wanna make you laugh. Mess up my bed with me.  Kick off the covers, I'm waitin'.  Every word you say I think I should write down.  Don't wanna forget come daylight.  Happy to lay here, just happy to be here, I'm happy to know you.  Play me a song, your newest one.  Please leave your taste on my tongue.  Paperweight, on my back, cover me like a blanket. Mess up my bed with me.  Kick off the covers, I'm waitin'.  Every word you say I think I should write down.  Don't wanna forget come daylight. And no need to worry, that's wasting time.  And no need to wonder what's been on my mind, it's you, it's you, it's you.  Every word you say, I think I should write down.  Don't wanna forget come daylight.  I give up. I let you win.  You win, cause I'm not countin'. You made it back to sleep again...wonder what you're dreamin..." - Paperweight - Joshua Radin and Schuyler Fisk (From Dear John the Motion Picture Soundtrack)

"When you're layin' on my favorite pillow, and all you wanna do is fall asleep.  When you're gazin' out the bedroom window, do you think of me? Think of me. When you're drivin' down an empty highway..you're surrounded by the sky and sea.  When you're seein' such a thing of beauty do you think of me? Think of me. I will find you I promise. I will make you believe...that I'm in this crazy love for the long haul, so think of me...think of me.  Coz if I make you a promise; that's a promise that I keep. Oh, and I'm in this crazy love for the long haul so think of me; think of me." - Think of Me - Rosi Golan

No comments:

Post a Comment