Friday, January 8, 2010

Blast Off!

Well friends, today is the day!  In a matter of hours I'll be meeting up with the rest of the team to head up to DC and tomorrow morning at 6 am I will be departing on a flight bound for Costa Rica!  I can't believe the day has finally arrived...it all still seems a bit surreal to me, but I couldn't be more thrilled!  I hopped out of bed this morning to find the outside world blanketed in snow in my little neck of the woods...to which I gleefully responded "Good bye snow!!! HELLOOOOO COSTA RICA!!!!!"  And then 15 min later found out that there's volcanic activity occurring near the airport in San Jose, Costa Rica  where we will be landing on Saturday...so uh..."Good bye snow...Hello there volcano...please don't kill me."  Please keep praying for our team and for the people in Costa Rica we will encounter.  I'm excited just to go and be a witness to everything.  This trip has been a life changing experience already and I haven't even left yet...all the preparations have been teaching me small little lessons here and there about people, God, and myself.  For instance I've already realized that I'm a lot more of an organizer and a planner than I ever knew I was...I think that's the teacher in me coming out though.  I can't wait to see God move on this trip, and I can't wait to see Costa Rica and the people there!!!  I was in Target yesterday stocking up on gifts and trinkets to bring for the children we'll be working with and it was really exciting but it also made me a little sad because I don't have the money to buy enough things for everyone...but since everyone on my team is planning on bringing things to give away, hopefully between all of us everyone will walk away with something.

Anyway, I'll probably be out of touch until next Saturday evening and by then I should have a LOT more to share with you all, complete with pictures!  But be praying for us...especially since I'm driving the van back from the airport on Saturday...I'm not sure how I got volunteered for that job...I'm thinking because I'm the eldest going on the trip aside from our leader who is staying behind in Costa Rica with his wife for a few extra days to celebrate their anniversary.  But yeah pray for our trip and pray that I get us all home safely in the van and don't get lost up in DC! lol

Thanks for your prayers and be on the look out for adventure stories upon my return!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment