Sunday, January 3, 2010

You've Got Mail...or not...FML

OK so who here checks up on FML.com???  I didn't until last night.  It truly is amazing and definitely makes me feel better about my life.  That probably sounds terrible, but I mean that is what it was set up for.  So yesterday I had a friend over and mom proceeded to humiliate me and make me incredibly angry as she never fails to do.  So I decide it's high time to get out of the house, so friend and I head over to good ol' Barnes and Noble to chill and then hit up a bar later.  We come across FML's published book and both of us grab a copy and sit down in the coffee shop and begin reading.  We laughed for hours till the store closed!!!! It definitely cured me of my foul mood.  So thank you to the contributors and creators of FML!  I am now an avid fan!  So anyway, after the store closed we did end up hitting up one of my fav. joints BDubs!!! Got dessert and drinks and life looked a whole lot better!  I tell you ladies and gents, there is no better cure for a bad mood than some FML reading followed by or even paired with a drink or two, and of course accompanied by excellent company!  Thank you, you know who you are! Love you!

So not too long ago I recently finished watching You've Got Mail, it was on TV.  I forgot how much I love that movie!  And strangely enough, it somewhat parallels my life currently...well....not entirely, but a little bit.  I totally relate to that anticipation one feels waiting for their computer to boot up and e-mail to load, hoping to find another communication from someone who makes you completely giddy at the smallest thought of them....and the utter disappointment, when you find your inbox empty.  I know I sound stupid...don't judge me too harshly.

Anyway, how's everyone feeling about returning to work tomorrow???  I know I'm not thrilled about it.  I slept until about 1pm today and laid in bed and thought, "ugh...I won't be able to do this anymore after today....." wah wah.  But hey since I am returning to work with the kiddos tomorrow, perhaps I will come home with a fun kid story for you.  I'll tell you an old one for now though.  This happened just before the holidays.  A little girl out on the playground had plucked some sort of weed from the ground and approached me asking "what kind of plant is this?" Well, excited at the opportunity to practice some of the things I learned from my recent science methods class I decided to use the inquiry method with this young mind and responded with, "Well I'm not sure, but how do you think we could find the answer to that question?"  After a long pause, many "ummmmms", a few ballerina twirls, and some other random ramblings she finally landed on "Umm...dip it in chocolate?!"  Oh the mind and heart of a 4 year old little girl!  And note to education professors...the inquiry method...is probably not the most effective approach for pre schoolers...at least not on the playground lol.  HAHA.

Well it's day three of the new year and the new decade, how's everyone doing in keeping with their new year's resolutions?  I'll admit I've already begun to fall short.  But no worries, every day is another chance to start over...so I'm not discouraged and if you are experiencing the same thing, don't let yourself be discouraged either!  Just get back up and try again. (OK, now I just sound lame).

Well thanks for reading, more randomness to come I'm sure.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment