Friday, January 22, 2010

Sad Goodbyes

Day 6: January 14, 2010

Today is the final day we work with the families in Ceibas.  We told the stories of Jesus' last supper, trial, crucifixion and resurrection.  The children were actually quite attentive today...hooray for God defeating distractions!  Little Kristel ran into Jeffrey's arms as he was speaking.  When I rose to tell the story of the crucifixion, little Neilin stayed in my arms the entire time (she was sitting in my lap and when I stood to go tell the story she wouldn't let me put her down) and her sister Alondra stood beside us.  It reminded me of when Jesus said, "Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kindgdom of heaven belongs to such as these." (Matthew 19:14)

A few of the neighborhood women that had been attending with the children in the mornings accepted Christ this afternoon and we made our way again to La Playa Blanca to Baptize a woman named Maria who has also stepped up and offered for her house to be used as the foundation to start the church in the neighborhood of Ceibas.  It was a delightful occasion in which we all celebrated in worship and fellowship.


For lunch today we had Chinese food in town...in Costa Rica, when you order sweet and sour chicken...they bring you an entire fried chicken covered in sweet n' sour sauce with veggies!!! I was sure glad Marcos told us to plan on splitting meals at that restaurant.




I am sad that tonight is our last night to spend with the families and children here.  Many of the children were asking when we were going back to the United States, and when we were coming back to see them (which broke my heart)...they asked if I liked it there and of course I loved it, and they told me they would build me a house out in the field so I could live there (which melted my heart).  It is my prayer that many seeds have been planted, hearts have been opened, and lives have been changed.  I'm grateful for new brothers and sister in Christ, and prayerful for those still on the fence, please continue to pray for the men in that community...that they would not be able to ignore God.

I'm so grateful to have been chosen as an instrument of God on this trip, grateful for the opportunity to know these people, and to love them.





ADIOS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment